Open water course: Whitsunday Dive Adventures
Dive tour: Whitsunday Islands fast sail dive cats
Duration: 6 Days in total.
Activity: PADI Open Water Scuba Dive Course then Whitsundays scuba dive tour on Wings 2 or Wings 3
Ages: From 18 years…
- PADI Open water Scuba International Certification
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and Whitsunday Islands Dive adventure tour on an Islandive Adventure catamaran
Total Cost for 5 nights and Open Water Certification is:
Includes Dive Course $495
E learning with Padi $145
YHA accomodation $80
Tour on Wings 2 or Wings 3 or Powerplay $475
Total Package Price $1204 you save $200
All guests will stay at YHA for 3 days while completing their Open Water Dive course at Day Dream Island Resort.
After completing certification at Day Dream Island, passengers can enjoy the added bonus of diving at the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park in the Whitsundays afterwards on an Islandive vessel.
Our sail and dive charters are the Whitsundays most recommended dive fleet… you will have the opportunity to explore the Whitsundays on board one of Islandives new Dive Vessels. You can choose between three vessels Powerplay, Wings 2 or Wings 3. We will take to fanatastic dive locations such as Blue Pearl Bay, Mantaray Bay and Luncheon Bay.
Student completes- Theory with E Learning online.
1. E-learning is ideal for those students/guests who are limited to their time
2. Instead of a 3 day course it means you only have to spend 2 days finishing off their course and the first day has been done on line in the comfort of their own home.
3. The student signs up with PADI direct and get access to the e-Learning site.
They then complete the 5 modules and final exam on line and in their own time.
4. Always best to do the e-Learning as soon as they can to the time of their visit so that it is fresh in their memory.
To complete the open water course you will require a dive medical from a medical practioner.
(ONE WHICH CONFORMS TO AUSTRALIAN STANDARDS AS4005.1.)
This must be obtained before starting. Dive medicals can be obtained locally in Airlie Beach through “The Doctors”, please call: 4948 0900 to make an appointment.
ON ARRIVAL CHECK IN: In Airlie Beach locate the Islandive office to collect accommodation and tour vouchers. Shop 3, Abel Point Marina. See our Maps page.. for directions.
- Staying 3 nights at an YHA Airlie Beach in town
- Vessel single bed accommodation onboard for 2 nights
WHERE IS THE DIVE COURSE: The Open Water training facility for the open water dive course is located at Day Dream Island. The pool instruction work is done here at Airlie Beach.
Once completed the E learning, they then come and finish off the 5 confined waters and 4 ocean dives with Daydream dive.
That part includes the DI,equipment, log book, picture, registration form and dive tables
They will always have access to the Padi OW book on line after completion.
CERTIFICATION: On completing the open water course you will receive a 3 month tempory card for use until your certification card is mailed out. This is a full internationally recognised PADI dive course the standard that leads the world.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Dive medical certificate
- 2 x passport photos
- Swimmers and towel
- Pen (notepad optional)
WHITSUNDAY ISLANDS AND BARRIER REEF MARINE PARK 2 NIGHT SAIL AND DIVE TOUR INFORMATION AND INCLUSIONS
Islandive tours are designed to provide lot’s of activity and adventure.
With the focus for on diving around The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, we also visit Spectacular Whitehaven Beach and the stunning view at the Hill Inlet lookout.
Wings dive cats offer fast sailing with only 25 passengers. Stable level sailing allows comfortable movement around the huge decks or in the fully air conditioned spacious saloons and accommodation. Powerplay has 18 passengers and offers more emphasis on diving and site seeing, rather than sailing.
Islandive employs well trained fun knowledgeable dive instructors to make your scuba experience very enjoable. The first day allows relaxed beach entries and safe Island diving conditions.
Famous Aussie BBQ under the stars and a huge Home theatre screen for entertaining dive picture slide shows.
Departs almost everyday: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 1pm,
Returns: Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday- 11.30am.
WINGS TOUR INCLUSIONS?
* Friendly professional crew of four: Skipper, host and two dive instructors.
* 2 nights onboard accommodation in comfortable beds.
* All meals freshly prepared onboard including tea, coffee and snacks in between meals.
* All berths are equipped with fresh linen and a bath towel (please byo beach towel )
* Snorkelling gear (mask snorkel, fins and wetsuit) is included, no extra charge.
* Stereo systems and MP3 players.
* Modern on-board computer for processing and enhancing digital dive photos.
* Fantastic home theatre system for showing off all those great dive photos.